Monday 28 November 2011

Mrs Osborn Goes on a spree to Cockpit Arts: Catherine Hills

Catherine Hills, who originally started out in Cockpit Arts, was back at the Open Studios event at the weekend with her current jewellery collection.  These photos hardly give her work justice - she makes finely detailed and textured pieces in a mixture of silver, oxidised silver and gold plate that are inspired by plants, such as tiny clusters of seed-pods, and animals. My top favourite, not photographed here as my camera doesn't have a good enough zoom (*sigh*), is a weasle pendant - although I do love a good seed-pod too. 

Catherine's pieces have great movement - I spied a lovely bumblebee that, rather than frozen in flight, has wings that are separate to the body so that they move, as do the daisy petals on the bracelet pictured below. I like these distictive details in Catherine's designs, and also that it's very wearable jewellery for everyday. 

Contact Catherine via her website to purchase her jewellery - she also takes commissions.


I especially like the bracelet at the bottom right

daisy bracelet



bracelet (I'd also happily wear this one)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...