Tuesday 14 February 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

I love this poem by Carol Ann Duffy: 'Echo' - which Jeanette Winterson chose in the Saturday Guardian as a favourite love poem. It says so much to me in those few lines of the last verse.

I think I was searching for treasures or stones
in the clearest of pools
when your face...


when your face.
like the moon in a well
where I might wish....


might well wish
for the iced fire of your kiss;
only on water my lips, where your face...


where your face was reflected, lovely,
not really there when I turned
to look behind at the emptying air...


the emptying air.

And some lavender hearts for sweetness, made by Catherine Tough which I snapped on my weekend visit to Broadway Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...