Sunday 25 November 2012

Handmade in Britain: Barbara Wiggins

I lingered for far too long at Barbara Wiggins' stand at the Handmade in Britain show at Chelsea Town Hall earlier this month (last blogged about here)- her leatherbound notebooks, address books and diaries glinting at me, tempting me to buy not one but several. She had also brought her satchels, purses and make-up bags in a rainbow of colours which were very popular with the swarm of customers around her stand. I nearly bought the neon pink satchel (see pic below).
One of the reasons I couldn't tear myself away from Barbara Wiggins stand was Barbara herself - we did have a good old chat. One of the best things about writing this blog has been meeting the designer-makers, finding out about their inspirations, design processes and techniques. Barbara has a training in fine art, and comes from a family with artistic and creative skills, which has influenced her designs.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...