Saturday 29 January 2011

Lotions and potions

It is mid Winter, the smell of snow is in the air, there is little hope of sunshine for at least 2 months. I have gone an unattractive pallid grey colour; I aspire to being a whiter shade of pale. It's time for what my dad called 'lotions and potions'.

(When I was about 11 or 12, this referred to peach talcum powder from M&S - don't judge me on this: I didn't know any better, and anyway I blame the marketing men who hadn't invented tweenies yet, so I couldn't buy nose-aching products from Lush instead.)

Thanks to Amelia's Magazine, I have discovered Willow organic (which is currently having a sale of up to 50% off)  - there is a shop on the Kings Road, London and you can order on-line.  I think I may be beyond help, but these lotions and potions are a heck of a lot nicer than peach talc.

I can't wait to use my Chamomile and Lavender Baby Balm (£10.50 for 50ml) which is gentle enough to use on babyskin, but is also good for those of us who are blessed with dry skin and a winter-grey complexion. If its healing properties are anything like my Badger Balm (available here, a US made product) then I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...