Wednesday 7 December 2011

Sophia Langmead @ Cabbages & Frocks Market, St John's Wood 10th Dec 2011

I love Sophia Langmead's work - she creates intricate worlds out of paper, ribbon, beads and tiny bits and bobs inside antique wooden boxes and glass bell jars.  These are some of my favourite pieces:
Maypole Dancing
 
Leaping Deer I
Sophia will be at the Cabbages & Frocks Market normally in Marylebone, in St John's Wood on 10th December: St John's Hospice Christmas Fayre (and ice skating!), 60 Grove NW8, 11am to 4pm.

Here are some pics of her things from the Primrose Hill Fair.
below: door signs
(the two pics above are from Sophia's website here)

Paper flowers in boxes - Sophia uses vintage (1950s and 1960s) paper from Belgium
Posters
 I love this one especially


I am hoping she will make a poster with an anchor - I love anchors, trying v hard to ignore my urge to have a tattoo of one....(am repeating to myself: a tattoo is for life not just for Christmas).





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...