Wednesday 28 March 2012

New York: Erica Weiner at Elizabeth Street, Nolita, NYC

I discovered Erica Weiner's jewellery at The Shop Floor Project, saw the Be Prepared For Bears, and knew that a visit to their store was my destiny - because Osborn, an ancient Norse name, means Bear God.  It is derived from Asbiorn, 'As' meaning God, and 'Bjorn' meaning bear (which means that my childhood tennis hero, Bjorn Borg, is really called Bear Borg).

I like the motto 'be prepared' on the necklace, because I like to think of myself as prepared, organised and ready for anything. I found this to be not strictly true on my visit to NY when I totally forgot the clock-change to Summer Time - I blame the jet-lag.

Erica Weiner jewellery is an eclectic mix of vintage inspired pieces like the Be Prepared Bear  or unique one-off vintage pieces and the shop, on Elizabeth Street, is a once of those places where you could browse for hours finding new bits of treasure. It's well worth a visit if you are in NY - especially if, like me, you want to seek out local designer-makers,

These 1970s vintage Sweetheart Necklaces can be customised with your own message (allow 3 to 4 weeks for delivery).  It is truly shocking to realise that the decade of your birth, the 70s, is now classed as 'vintage'.
A vintage heart shaped locket.
Erica Weiner on Elizabeth Street, Nolita


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...