Thursday 13 October 2011

Birthday list: The Great Frog+ Ally Capellino + Bright Eyes

'You can't always get what you want, and if you try sometime you just might find you get what you need' (quote the Rolling Stones).

My grandmother, who predated the 60s by quite some decades, said more wisely: 'What you want is quality'. She was usually referring to a decent pair of trousers since she knew TopShop was total tat.  But right now I'm referring to birthday presents, for me. Forget all that nonsense that I am too old for birthday presents, and really I have enough stuff anyway; here are some *quality* things I would like. Please.

(Dearest ones, I know you are not reading this, so I shall hide my disappointment that you haven't bought what I really want and pretend that I never wrote this post.)

My first birthday wish is for an anchor and swallow necklace from The Great Frog, home of rock jewellery, made in London.
My second wish is for an Ally Capellino bag - this one in particular, the Kelly, made in London.
Ally Capellino shoulder bag

Ally Capellino shoulder bag

I know my grandmother would have approved of these.

My third wish is to feature in this video for Bright Eye's First Day of My Life - it reminds me of the time I live in the States, in 1991. The other me decided to stay at college there, and not return to the UK...and somehow end up sitting on that red sofa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...