Sunday 3 April 2011

Selvedge Spring Fair - more highlights

A few more favourites from the Selvedge Spring Fair

Bojo Childrenswear - their website says: a timeless collection of beautifully British made linen and cotton clothing for girls aged 2 to 8.

I say: seriously wow.  These clothes are exquisite quality, fabulously detailed with little ruffles, pintucks, buttons...simple classic designs using fine fabrics....*all made by hand*.  Rebecca Cabot set up the company, and I am assuming I talked to her mum who told me a little bit about how she makes the clothes; the secret (as always) is making things in small batches. I am in total awe of her skill.


My photo does not do the care and attention to detail enough justice:
each piece has a small 'B' for Bojo neatly stitched on it. Swoon.

 Folk at Home - 'Functional goods made by hand to last'

wooden spoons, glycerine soaps, bread boards...
...letterpress cards by Karen Wilkes, candles from Cumbria...
there were seriously a LOT of tea towels at the Selvedge Fair -
I especially liked this one designed by Karen Wilks
which I bought for my brother's birthday present

Grace Ink Design - some more teatowels, and cushion covers, which I rather like:



Noolibird - hand made rubber stamps with extraordinary detail. I'm already a fan, I bought a lovely Christmas heart-shaped design which reminds me a lot of Tord Boontje's designs....this time I bought a flowery heart, and a 'with love' stamp which were £6 each.... Noolibird's largest stamps are approximately £25, but are large enough to cover a A6 card completely - so you can make beautiful handmade greetings cards in minutes.

(photo seems to be on its side and
I don't know how to turn it the right way round)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...